The Elise SoC from Elvees will introduce an innovative architecture to fulfill the needs of both high-performance mobile computing and video analytics. The devices is based on a high-performance, energy-efficient multimedia/video IP platform from Imagination. Elise combines a wide range of functionality including blocks for pre-processing and post-processing of stereo video at ultra-high resolutions; a range of CPUs for high-, medium- and low-profile tasks; a high-end mobile GPU; and a multicore standard navigation engine.
Companies can use the new Elise chip to develop a new generation of IP cameras with video analysis and a wide range of OEM modules. Elise will bring this technology to a broad spectrum of multimedia devices, including tablets, communications products and navigation terminals.
Video analytics, the processing and understanding of video streams, is important for many emerging markets including:
- Autonomous automobiles – featuring Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Internet of Things (IoT) applications where the camera is a key ‘sensor’
- Smart cities – based on innovative IP cameras with real-time monitoring
- Retail/smarter shops – with augmented reality and next-generation security with safety everywhere
- Mobile devices – for a myriad of applications from augmented reality and visual search to simply more feature-rich cameras
- Consumer multimedia, home entertainment and enterprise – where existing markets are evolving to embrace the potential of video analytics
Video analytics hardware and software complexity are increasing exponentially, requiring quadrillions of operations per second, with more and more functionality. The strategic collaboration between Elvees and Imagination was based on a shared belief that joint efforts will bring much stronger and more effective results for development of next-generation video analytics technology where application and domain knowledge are essential. The partnership is enabling both companies to drive innovation with more rapid deployment of key technologies and products.