With power efficiency reaching 96%, the power stage devices can be combined with Infineon’s latest generation digital PWM power management controllers. This provides a full multiphase voltage regulation (VR) system solution for server, storage, client and communications systems.
The integrated power stage reduces power loss and simplifies design of VR solutions for multicore processors, ASICs and FPGAs. Maximum current rating of 70A in a 5 x 6 mm PQFN SMD package supports phase reduction in multiphase systems. The integrated power stage family also offers smart self-protection with both over current and over-voltage protection, very accurate temperature and current information to the designer’s system.
Infineon’s new integrated power stage family comes in 50 A through 70 A current ratings, and offers different efficiency levels to match design requirements. They combine advanced low voltage MOSFET technology with our latest driver design, representing the combination of Infineon and International Rectifier’s capabilities. All integrated power stages in this new portfolio are available in the standard 5 x 6 footprints and various current ratings.
- 5 x 6 x 0.9 mm overmoulded PQFN package, 0.45 mm pitch;
- Highly accurate current reporting;
- Programmable constant current limit OCSET;
- Fast switching technology for improved performance at higher frequency, better peak efficiency;
- Input voltage range 4.25V to 16V;
- Output voltage range from 0.25V up to 5.5V;
- Output current capability up to 70A;
- Operation up to 1.5 MHz;
- Optimised for 5V drive.