Spansion SLC NAND will be offered in densities from 1 Gb to 8 Gb in 3.0V and 1.8V families that feature high performance, extended temperature range, long-term product support and stringent reliability demands, such as 1-bit error correction code (ECC). Additionally, Spansion also unveiled its SLC NAND product roadmap through 2017.
Key Facts of the Spansion SLC NAND family:
- 3.0-V, 1 Gb, 2 Gb and 4 Gb monolithic solutions are sampling now;
- 1.8-V, 1 Gb, 2 Gb and 4 Gb monolithic solutions will begin sampling at the end of 2012;
- 8 Gb solutions will sample in the second half of 2012;
- 4x nm floating-gate process technology;
- Industrial temperature range (-40C to +85C);
- High reliability with 100,000 cycle endurance with recommended 1-bit ECC;
- Best-in-class SLC NAND performance with 25 μs random access, 25 ns sequential access, and up to 200 μs programming;
- Industry-standard 48-pin TSOP package via Spansion's Universal Footprint;
- Industry-standard NAND signal interface and command set;
- Complimentary Spansion FFS -- customized software drivers and Flash file system software.
The SLC NAND products complement the company's broad parallel and serial NOR Flash memory portfolio. When designs require high-performance code execution and data storage to create rich user experiences, designers can select Spansion parallel or serial NOR Flash memory. Data storage needs can be addressed with new Spansion SLC NAND Flash solutions that deliver the high reliability and product longevity Spansion products are known for. With Spansion's broad NOR and NAND Flash memory portfolio, embedded customers now have access to a wide range of non-volatile memory products, all backed by Spansion's industry-leading customer support and service.
Spansion's five-year technology roadmap includes 1 Gb – 8 Gb SLC NAND solutions on 4x nm technology today, 3x nm technology by end of 2012 and 2x nm in 2014.
For more information, visit http://www.spansion.com.