TI notes that wireless connectivity modules have become increasingly popular with Industry 4.0 and IoT developers because advanced integration helps lower development costs, eases burden on RF design, reduces time to market and simplifies procurement and certification.
Joining an offering of pre-certified modules for WiFi, that are pre-certified for FCC/IC/CE/TELEC country specific regulations and carry Wi-Fi Alliance certification, TI's BLE module has with integrated antenna and is supported by the TI tools ecosystem. TI also offers certified software stacks for the Bluetooth specification. Additionally, with the new SimpleLink Bluetooth low energy modules, developers have the flexibility to use the module as a single-chip solution or as a wireless network processor to add Bluetooth low energy to a range of IoT applications.
TI’s wireless connectivity module-based development kits include:
- SimpleLink Bluetooth low energy CC2650MODA BoosterPack plug-in module: $29.00
- SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3200 module LaunchPad development kit: $34.99
- SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3100 module BoosterPack plug-in module: $24.99
- Dual-mode Bluetooth CC2564MODA module BoosterPack plug-in module: $20.00
WiLink 8 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth module development boards:
- WL1835MODCOM8B evaluation module: $39.79
- WL1837MODCOM8I evaluation module: $49.99
- WL18XXCOM82SDMMC evaluation module: $69.99
Texas Instruments: www.ti.com