To close, here are – drawn from Cypress’s experience – the ten essential elements of a successful joint qualification:
- Focus on the known critical parameters first; only then add more at the customer’s request.
- Perform MCU-Flash interface timing analysis, and review the timing set-up (boot, fast SDR or DDR read, burst read, page read).
- Review typical device usage (program/erase history, sector usage mapping, flash file system, and software usage).
- Test Vcc to +100mV over spec. Check noise, and confirm that Vcc is stable.
- Test temperature to +5° over spec.
- Review design and loading.
- Check for bit-flip robustness and ECC.
- Evaluate the impact of customer production processes or application usage profiles on bit integrity.
- Cycle through program/erase steps.
- Test for mechanical stresses arising from fabrication.
About the author:
Marcel Kuba is Worldwide Director of Field Applications Engineering (Automotive) at Cypress Semiconductor - www.cypress.com