1300W quarter-brick DC-DC converter delivers 24V/55A
Flex Power Modules has launched a 1300W digital, quarter-brick DC-DC converter with a nominal 24V output from a 40-60V input.
While the output voltage is nominally 24V, a control adjustment in the BMR4912510/871 uses the 4pin PMBus digital interface supports output down to 0V if needed. This wide adjustment range makes it particularly useful to support battery management solutions used in remote radio base station installations for example, as well as other applications where conversion from 48V to 24V is necessary at high power levels.
The BMR4912510/871 has a small form factor of 58.4 x 36.8 x 14mm and is 97.1% efficient for a 54V input voltage at half-load. These make it suitable for space-constrained applications where thermal management can be a concern.
The operating temperature range for the BMR4912510/871 is -40°C to +125°C and it provides 1500V input-output basic isolation for compliance with IEC/EN/UL 62368-1 and offers full protection against over-temperature, input under-voltage and output over-voltage, over-current and short circuits.
The DC-DC converter is also supported by the Flex Power Designer software for remote configuration, control, and monitoring.
“The BMR4912510/871 is unique in its ability to deliver up to 1300W of output power and provide an output voltage that can be adjusted from effectively 0V to as high as 26.4V. We believe that power management companies supplying the telecoms base station manufacturers will benefit from the flexibility of such a digital DC-DC solution,” said Olle Hellgren, Director of Marketing and Product Management at Flex Power Modules.
All variants are available in OEM quantities.
- Flex joins Xilinx power programme
- Flex moves to 48V direct conversion for data centre and cloud
- Two phase Voltage Regulator Module for high power chips
- Flex, Infineon team for 48V switched capacitor intermediate bus
Other articles on eeNews Power
- USB-IF updates USB-C PD branding for 240W power delivery
- Front end AC-DC architecture slashes size
- Samsung Foundry certifies custom power tool for 5nm
- Offline AC-DC primary-side PWM controllers for flyback converters