Halo Microelectronics has launched a 28V USB Type-C Combo Switch with Protection for mobile IoT devices, smartphones, laptops and tablets.
The HL5099 provides a dual-channel V BUS power switch with 3.3V low dropout (LDO) for USB power delivery (PD) applications. The device includes a bi-directional high-voltage switch that can support up to 22V sink and 6V source voltage, a V OTG switch supporting up to 13.2V source voltage, and a 100mA 3.3V LDO providing power supply to the PD controller in a dead battery operation.
Other USB PD articles
- First 28V USB PD 3.1 chip
- USB-PD boosts USB-C power delivery to 240W at 48V
- World’s first M0+ USB-C PD 3.1 controller
- Integrated 60W USB-PD programmable controller for automotive
A back-to-back high-voltage switch (HVSW) is implemented V BUS and V CHG with a maximum rating (AMR) is at 28V for both pins. The integrated power switch can also be configured as a bi-directional switch with an appropriate I 2 C control or enabled pins. In the sink mode, the allowable current is continuous at 5A, while in the source mode, the switch current flows from V CHG to V BUS and the maximum allowable current is 3A.
The HL5099 has programmable V BUS over-voltage protection, reverse current protection, short-current protection, and programmable over-current protection in SOURCE/V OTG modes, and over-temperature protection.
“When it comes to mobile and portable applications, power supply and protection are the key components that one trusts to go anywhere with them. At Halo Microelectronics, we understand this importance and will continue to bring state-of-the-art devices to meet the needs,” said David Nam, CEO of Halo Microelectronics.
Other related articles
Other articles on eeNews Power
- Siemens teams to build digital twins of electricity grids
- Second generation silicon capacitors boost performance
- Northvolt raises $1.1bn as Volkswagen breaks ground on battery cell gigafactory
- Bosch to develop 1200V GaN process for automotive