2MP standalone camera analyzes, processes images on the edge
New Products |
By Rich Pell
The Nicla Vision lets users add image detection, facial recognition, automated optical inspection, vehicle plate reading, gesture recognition and more to their projects. Nicla Vision features include:
- Part of the Nicla range alongside the Nicla Sense ME, it’s based on Arduino’s smallest form factor at just 22.86 x 22.86 mm.
- It has a STM32H747AII6 Dual ARM Cortex processor and is equipped with a 2MP color camera that supports tinyML.
- Nicla Vision offers both WiFi and Bluetooth Low Energy connectivity.
- On top of image detection and recognition, it senses and captures distance, sound, movement and vibration data, thanks to a smart six-axis motion sensor, integrated microphone and distance sensor.
- It maximizes compatibility: all Nicla products also fit perfectly into any solution based on Portenta or MKR.
- As a standalone solution, Nicla Vision can be battery-powered.
“Whether in a dark warehouse or on the other side of your house, the Nicla Vision has the abilities and intelligence to keep an eye on things for you,” says the company. “If you’ve ever dreamed about interacting with machines that simply understand what you need because they can see you, this device is for you.”
The Nicla Vision is available now for $115.