Kontron in Germany has launched a 3.5in single-board computer for developing compact IoT edge devices with low power consumption and high computing and graphics performance.
The 3.5″-SBC-EKL is aimed at safety-critical real-time computing around remote applications in industrial automation, smart city, retail or healthcare. Compared to the previous generation, the processors score with nearly doubled graphics performance with up to 32 GPUs. With the improved GPU performance, AI and image processing tasks in particular can be accelerated.
The board supports the Intel Atom x6000E Series, Celeron N6000 and Pentium J6000 processors.
The 3.5″-SBC-EKL is equipped with two DDR4 SO-DIMM memory slots as well as two 2.5 GbE LAN interfaces, four USB 3.2 Gen2 interfaces and one SATA 3.0 to enable high data transfer rates between storage and peripherals. In addition, the board has two DisplayPort connectors on the back and supports 4K UHD resolution at 60 frames per second.
Some models support Intel Time Coordinated Computing (TCC) technology and Time Sensitive Networking (TSN). They also provide highly reliable, low-latency Ethernet communication.
In addition, the 3.5″-eIO-GPA adapter card is available, which is suitable for both the EKL-board and the 3.5″-SBC-TGL. Additional rear I/O ports are available with the expansion board, including two additional DisplayPort ports and two 2.5 GbE LAN ports in the rear I/O area.
Related Kontron articles
- Kontron launches susietec as Industrial IoT brand
- Kontron set to launch Raspberry Pi4 system
- Kontron taps Hailo for edge AI
- Kontron looks to Raspberry Pi4 move for industrial AI
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- ST looks at joint European wafer fab with GlobalFoundries
- Graphcore aims at European AI supply chain with German deal
- NXP aims for microcontroller Nirvana
- The five biggest microcontroller suppliers in 2021