48V, 1100 W peak power in an eighth brick format
The BMR4920100/001 is rated at 10.4 V/67.4 A output over a 40-60 V input (80 V/100 ms) for data centre applications, and can also deliver up to 950 W peak for less than 1 second. The BMR4920300/864 has the same input range and features an output of 12 V at 66.7 A, delivering 800 W continuous, and 1100 W peak.
- Eighth-brick data centre DC-DC converter delivers up to 1100W
- Flex moves to 48V direct conversion for data centre and cloud
Both models are in the industry standard eighth-brick format measuring 58.4 x 22.7 x 14 mm with baseplate and with advanced thermal management techniques achieve better than 97 percent efficiency at half load, with high efficiency maintained to less than 10 percent load. Isolation is 1500 VDC, input to output and input to baseplate, complying with IEC/UL/EN 62368 safety standards. Tight regulation is provided with typically 50µs transient load response, and pre-bias start-up is guaranteed.
The BMR492 series includes remote on/off, input undervoltage lockout, output over-voltage, over current and short circuit protection. A PMBus interface is provided for remote configuration and monitoring through the free-to-use Flex Power Designer software suite.
“We are pleased to announce even higher power levels from our BMR492 series, in the same footprint as our original 500 W and 600 W parts,” said Olle Hellgren, Director Product Management & Marketing of Flex Power Modules. “The new 700 W and 800 W variants provide even higher power density in space-constrained applications, and the flexibility of the design means other variants can also be created on request.”
- Flex extends digital power system design tool
- Flex, Infineon team for 48V switched capacitor IBC bus converter
Other articles on eeNews Power
- Ionity raises $700m to expand 350kW charging network
- ST teams for SiC module research
- Solar-powered wireless internet for informal South African schools
- 1W distance charging transmitter approved in Europe
- Ossia teams for 5.8GHz wireless power development kit