Suitable for applications such as wireless infrastructure, microwave point-to-point links, electronic test and measurement, and satellite terminals, the ADF4356 allows implementation of fractional-N or integer-N phase-locked loop (PLL) frequency synthesizers when used with an external loop filter and an external reference frequency. A series of frequency dividers at another frequency output permits operation from 53.125 MHz to 6800 MHz. The ADF4356 has an integrated VCO with a fundamental output frequency ranging from 3400 MHz to 6800 MHz.
Additional key features of the ADF4356 include:
- Integer channel: -227 dBc/Hz; Fractional channel: -225 dBc/Hz;
- Integrated RMS jitter (1 kHz to 20 MHz): 97 fs for 6 GHz output;
- High resolution, 52-bit modulus;
- Phase frequency detector (PFD) operation to 125 MHz;
- Reference input frequency operation to 600 MHz;
- Maintains frequency lock over -40°C to +85°C;
- Phase noise: -113 dBc/Hz @ 100 kHz offset at 5 GHz;
- Programmable divide by 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, or 64 output;
- Analog and digital power supplies: 3.3 V;
- Charge pump and VCO power supplies: 5.0 V typical;
- Logic compatibility: 1.8 V;
- Programmable output power level;
- RF output mute function.