In a typical in-car entertainment system, the radio is located inside the head unit, along with many other electronic functions.
As more functionality is integrated in this space, issues such as packaging, heat dissipation, and EMI become a challenge for the OEM. The RTM (remote tuner module) concept addresses these challenges by moving the function of radio reception out of the head unit, and close to the antennas. This optimizes overall system cost by eliminating antenna amplifiers and reducing coaxial cable needs. Especially the Off-the-Shelf RTM from TE Connectivity‘s Hirschmann Mobility team is a very cost effective solution. Additional effort for development and adaptation to individual architectures is reduced to a minimum.
The OTS RTM is available in three different regional variants for Europe, US and Global and connected to the head unit via digital A2B Interface (Ethernet optional) through which all audio and control data is exchanged. In addition to the OTS RTM we offer customized solutions according to your requirements. Please contact us for more details.
- Reduction of coaxial cables, connectors and antenna amplifiers
- Less expense in general assembly
- Simplified API to reduce integration time
- Plug and Play principle means minimum development effort and cost
- Proximity to the antenna optimizes RF performance
- Resolves Issues in Head Unit like heat dissipation, EMI, packaging, and especially part number variants
- Digital Audio Transmission
- Footprint similar to an antenna amplifier allows for easy drop-in replacement