AI inference accelerator links to edge development kit
Qualcomm Technologies has launched a high-performance AI inference accelerator and development kit to accelerate edge applicatins.
The Qualcomm Cloud AI 100 uses advanced signal processing and cutting-edge power efficiency to support AI systems for multiple environments including the datacentre, cloud edge, edge appliance, and 5G infrastructure. Also available, the Qualcomm Cloud AI 100 Edge Development Kit is engineered to accelerate adoption of edge applications by offering a complete system for AI processing up to 24 simultaneous 1080p video streams along with 5G connectivity.
“Qualcomm Technologies is well positioned to support complete edge-to-cloud high performance AI that lead the industry in performance per watt,” said Keith Kressin, senior vice president and general manager, computing and edge cloud, Qualcomm Technologies. “Qualcomm Cloud AI 100 is now shipping to select worldwide customers and we look forward to seeing commercial products launch in the first half of 2021.”
Qualcomm Cloud AI 100 is designed to offer cutting-edge AI inference efficiency based on performance per Watt with capability to process up to 400 trillion operations per second (TOPS ). The AI inference accelerator supports multiple form factors with PCI-E card level power profiles ranging from 15W to 75W.
Qualcomm Cloud AI 100 software suite provides a comprehensive stack of tools and supports popular frameworks including Tensorflow, PyTorch, Caffe, and runtimes such as GLOW and ONNX. The software suite includes the Qualcomm Cloud AI 100 Applications SDK with compiler and simulator; along with the Platform SDK with runtimes, APIs, kernel drivers and tools. This software suite is designed to enable the development, testing and deployment of Qualcomm Cloud AI 100 platforms into a multitude of production environments.
The Qualcomm Cloud AI 100 Edge Development Kit is an optimized system offering high performance AI inferencing, video processing and 5G connectivity. It is powered by three modular Qualcomm® components:
- Qualcomm Cloud AI 100 – for low-power and high-performance AI inference processing;
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Modular Platform – for application and video processing;
- Snapdragon X55 ModemRF System Module – leading 5G connectivity in a precertified module offering global carrier support.
Related AI articles
- EDGE AI CHIP MARKET TO OVERTAKE CLOUD BY 2025
- EDGE AI STARTUP LAUNCHES BOARDS AND TOOLS
- ALTRAN AND INTEL OPEN UP EDGE AI TELECOMS PLATFORM
- GRAPHCORE LAUNCHES 7NM AI PROCESSOR
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- Microsoft opens up its underwater datacentre
- Dutch deal for edge AI in the IoT
- Israeli startup raises $6.5m for IoT security
- ARM Nvidia deal is wakeup call to industry – updated