Altium acquisition extends reach in PLM/ECAD integration
The Perception Software team will form the foundation for the introduction and go-to-market of the Altium high-end PCB product to the enterprise market. The company’s direction has been to make manufacturers more productive by delivering EDA-to-Enterprise and Product Analytics solutions to decision-makers that help them in product design, build and support.
Altium adds that integrating the Perception technology within an EDA design team’s ecosystem, allows engineers to:
– connect and share data from ECAD tools with the Agile PLM solution from Oracle.
– enable effective communication and collaboration between electronics design engineers and product lifecycle managers.
– aid engineers to develop new products and get them to market in the most cost efficient manner possible.
Perception positions its technology as addressing, “the long-standing chasm between engineering teams, their organizations, and product data, enabling engineering collaboration at all stages of a product design process,” and includes;
– EDAConnect that enables effective collaboration between design engineers and product lifecycle managers with shared ECAD and Agile PLM data.
– AgileXplorer that allows engineers to search, navigate, and discover data within the Oracle Agile PLM environment.
– Encompass Product/Support Navigation that delivers critical information to product decision makers and support teams in one centralized location.
Perception Software will continue to maintain its relationships with major EDA companies and PLM suppliers with EDAConnect and Xplorer customer bases. As part of this acquisition, Altium engineers will be working to integrate the Perception EDA-to-Enterprise PLM technology in their electronics design ecosystem.
Perception Software; www.perceptionsoftware.com