Anker, Infineon team for 100W+ GaN chargers
Anker has used a hybrid flyback controller and 600V CoolGaN power stage from Infineon Technologies for its latest high power chargers
It is using the XPDPS2201 hybrid flyback (HFB) digital power controller and CoolGaN integrated power stage (IPS) 600 V (IGI60F1414A1L) together for the first time for a range of high power density charger and adapter designs above 100W.
“By combining Infineon’s hybrid flyback controller with an integrated CoolGaN device in Anker’s new charging lineup, we achieved an outstanding system-level efficiency beyond 95 percent,” said Adam White, Division President of Infineon’s Power and Sensor Systems Division. “This architecture reduces energy loss by 21 percent compared to other charging solutions. It is the first time that Infineon’s HFB controller and CoolGaN IPS devices are combined and applied commercially in the consumer electronics market.”
“GaN has completely changed the way we charge our electronics by delivering superior power transfer efficiency, faster-charging speeds and improved portability to our chargers,” said Steven Yang, CEO of Anker Innovations.
- Infineon, Panasonic team for 650V GaN chips on 200mm wafers
- First 28V USB PD 3.1 chip
- 600V GaN family for applications in the 30 to 500 W
- USB-PD boosts USB-C power delivery to 240W at 48V
Other articles on eeNews Power
- Italvolt teams for battery supply chain research in Milan
- Brill Power raises $10.5m for battery management systems
- 200W half-brick DC-DC converter has 12:1 input
- ABB pulls out of Russia
- Skeleton, Siemens to build world’s largest supercapacitor factory