Pelion will be a wholly-owned subsidiary of Arm.
“With key trends like 5G and edge AI enabling distributed intelligence, Pelion is entering its next phase of growth as a more agile, focused organization primed to help our customers to realize the transformative potential of the IoT,” says Hima Mukkamala, CEO, Pelion. “This is an exciting milestone for the business, bringing together a team with a deep heritage of device, security and network expertise. We will work with our established customer base and mature partner network as we continue on our mission to simplify the full device journey and provide a robust, secure foundation for IoT innovation.”
Gartner estimates that between 2019 and 2024, the enterprise IoT Platforms Market will grow by 31%, and Connectivity Management Platforms will demonstrate a CAGR of 21.6%. To meet these figures, organizations will need assistance to navigate the complexity of deploying devices at scale, from designing devices to connecting, securing and monitoring those deployments throughout the device life cycle.
Pelion assists enterprises with scaled device connectivity and an agnostic approach that allows IoT connectivity for any device regardless of OS, network and application. This approach is combined with industry partnerships that span the IoT value chain from silicon vendors and device makers to system integrators, independent software vendors (ISVs), mobile network operators and platform vendors. Pelion’s Connected Device Platform brings together connectivity and management capabilities that are required for scalable deployments, delivering unified operations management.
• A Connected Device Platform that fast-tracks connectivity requirements at project conception, reduces total cost of ownership and scales to meet future requirements.
• Enhanced processing at the edge with application management for third-party and legacy applications.
• Versatile connectivity options to suit a range of use cases.
• Services and expertise that already enable over 500 organizations.
• Flexibility to address small, consumer price point form factors with low power connectivity needs, through to industrial-grade equipment that demands increased security and data bandwidth.
The business will continue to evolve in line with customer needs for at-scale and secure IoT deployments, building on its success with partners and customers spanning diverse applications.