Bluetooth Smart MCU features high temperature range for industrial and lighting applications
The CC2540T is a complete solution, with TI’s BLE-Stack software and sample applications including over-the-air download support for in-field updates. Bluetooth Smart benefits industrial applications making it easier to get information and control systems via smartphone or tablet, bypassing more manual and often complicated systems. Points related to industrial deployment include;
- Small form factor, low power connectivity for industrial and consumer lighting;
- Wireless human machine interface (HMI) and remote display saves costs, improves user experiences and enables remote display, monitoring and debugging;
- Storage of personalised preferences, such as operator setups and ergonomic details, on a mobile device;
- Transfer maintenance-related data to and from difficult-to-reach equipment via a mobile device for sending updates, such as firmware and calibration values;
- Cable replacement of RS-232, RS-485 or USB connections with moderate throughputs (under 100 kbps) including motor drive and control: all of these can use Bluetooth Smart transmissions.
The CC2540T allows for lighting designs with high junction temperature and any other designs requiring to work in conditions above 85C; it has a 97dB link budget and is a true single-chip Bluetooth low energy solution with integrated MCU and RF; 256 kB of embedded Flash; and the royalty-free TI BLE-Stack protocol stack,profile software and sample applications. Use it in single-mode Bluetooth Smart sensor applications; a simplified design can have a one-chip, integrated and flexible solution.
The SimpleLink Bluetooth low energy CC2540T wireless MCU is $2.30 (1000). A range of development tools is avaible.
Texas Instruments; www.ti.com/ep-con-lprf-2540t-pr-pf-en