Arasan Chip Systems has redesigned its second generation of CAN IP for the CAN 2.0 and CAN FD specifications in FPGA designs.
The controllers have been rearchitected and upgraded to reduce power consumption and area, which make them suitable for FPGA applications in addition to Arasan’s primary ASIC IP market.
The 2nd Gen CAN IP controller core performs serial communication for CAN2.0 and CAN FD specifications, supporting CAN 2.0A and CAN 2.0B protocols, TT-CAN, CAN-FD (ISO 11898-1.2015, plus earlier ISO, and Non-ISO Bosch specifications).
- FPGA robotics starter kit targets the intelligent factory
- CAN FD boost with CAN Signal improvement
- New CAN FD group aims at LED networks
The core is fully programmable up to 1 Mbps for CAN 2.0 and multiple devices and is designed to increase reliability, faster error reporting, features advanced Error management unit, prevents data loss during transmission and prevents message collisions.
The configurable controller cores can be integrated with the host processor using standard AMBA AHB/AXI interfaces with programmable Interrupts, data and baud rates, acceptance filters & flexible buffering schemes for fine-tuning to the specific application.
Arasan’s CAN IP has passed compliance through multiple licensees and ASIL requirements.
- CAN FD to USB interface adds galvanic isolation
- Arasan develops MIPI compliant cores
- Arasan opens two sales offices in Europe
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- GlobalFoundries launches innovation lab
- Siemens runs Profinet over 5G for industrial communication
- Kontron set to launch Raspberry Pi4 system
- FreeRTOS boost with secure microcontroller deals
- Tachyum plans 3nm Universal processor