Celeno to support “Entertain” IPTV service for Deutsche Telekom
The Speedport W 102 Bridge will enable Deutsche Telekom to distribute its popular “Entertain” IPTV service wirelessly throughout the home to consumers in Germany. With around 140 TV channels, 15,000 titles, 2,500 national and international radio stations, and interactive applications, Entertain is the undisputed leader of the German IPTV market.
With the Speedport W 102 Bridge, German consumers can now enjoy their Entertain IPTV service on multiple set-top boxes (STBs), receiving content wirelessly, and share multi-room digital video recorder (DVR) content wirelessly.
Deutsche Telekom launched its Entertain IPTV service in 2007. Today, the service has 1.6 million subscribers and is available to 20 million households across Germany through high-speed DSL lines.
The Speedport W 102 Bridge enables consumers to easily self install their media receiver DVR. The unit also provides consumers with the freedom to place their STBs and TVs anywhere in the home and enjoy time-shifted content recorded on a master DVR from any STB in their home. Subscribers using the Speedport W 102 Bridge can expand their network to up to four video adapters in their home.
Celeno’s Wi-Fi chipset, powered by the OptimizAIR™ technology suite, improves standards-based Wi-Fi to deliver robust HD video with whole-home coverage and wire-like video quality.
Some of the major benefits of the technology include:
- Digital transmit Beamforming MIMO for extended reach;
- Scheduled access for carrier-grade quality of service (QoS) to video and data clients;
- Mesh networking enables station-to-station direct streaming to enjoy DVR content anywhere;
- Real-time interference detection and seamless radio-channel hopping to mitigate a noisy environment;
- Carrier-grade survivability with hitless software upgrade;
- uPNP TR-069 and TR-98 protocol suite to allow for carrier-grade remote management.
For further information: www.celeno.com.