WaferChina in Xi’an has appointed Andreas Eisenbach as chief technology officer. Eisenbach had previously spent more than 17 years with Cardiff, Wales-based epitaxial wafer specialist IQE plc, rising to the rank of senior director of engineering, based in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
The startup, set up in 2017, is currently focused on the supply of 100mm (4in) and 150mm (6in) diameter GaAs based VCSEL epi-wafers for depth information and data communication applications, the same technologies where IQE has its focus.
WaferChina is led by CEO Ping Gong, who has 20 years of experience in the production, marketing and sales of MOCVD technology and Qiang Zhang, COO, who has 20 years of experience in managing IC wafer fab operations.
Related links and articles:
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- TSMC calls EU semiconductor boost ‘unrealistic’
- China fund buys Magnachip for $1.4bn
- TSMC’s $100bn fab plans to expand capacity
- ARMv9 looks to a decade of AI chips
- European manufacturing plan for sodium battery technology