French connector maker Nicomatic has acquired its long term Swedish distributor Accurate in a move that could see other similar deals.
The deal marks the start of a new business model for Nicomatic to tap the Scandinavian company’s existing consultancy expertise. This will accelerate the development of integrated electronic system for Industry 4.0.
- Flat flexible cables for micro-miniature connectivity in space
- Rugged rectangular connector for miniaturization
- Space-saving DMM Micro D Mix connectors at short notice
This will help encourages reindustrialisation, incorporating local manufacturing and research with neighbouring players, as part of an open innovation philosophy, says the company. If the strategy is successful in Sweden, it will be reproduced in France and in Nicomatic’s ecosystem worldwide.
Nicomatic, which sells connectors into industrial and aerospace sectors, has 500 staff in 14 subsidiaries worldwide and is managed by brothers Olivier and Julien Nicollin.
Accurate has 30 staff, including the distribution arm Accurate Nordic and Accurate Consulting. It has worked with Nicomatic since it was founded in 2003 and is run by Per Häglund and Peter Åkesson (above).
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- €16m project to secure the chiplet supply chain in Europe
- EV, Toppan team for nanoimprint photonics lithography
- IR transparent solderable resin for co-packaged optics
- Anisotropic epoxy aims for 50µm pitch for wearables
- Semiconductor market heads for biggest downturn since 2000
- EU to model Critical Raw Materials Act on CHIPS Act