Control systems optimized for the Industrial Internet of Things
This hardware includes the high-performance CompactRIO Controller for integrators with rugged, industrial applications, Controller for FlexRIO for designers with high-performance embedded applications and Single-Board RIO Controller for designers who require more flexibility in their embedded applications. These controllers integrate the latest embedded technologies from Intel and Xilinx to deliver unparalleled performance and flexibility, empowering system designers and machine builders to address the most demanding control and monitoring challenges.
The controllers are fully supported by LabVIEW software, the LabVIEW FPGA Module and NI Linux Real-Time, now based on Security-Enhanced Linux, which enables advanced security features for Industrial IoT applications.
"As the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) continues to impact the way the world connects, communicates and optimizes smart systems, embedded engineers face growing and evolving networking, performance and security demands and increased pressure to get to market faster, all while reducing development costs," said Jamie Smith, director of embedded systems at NI.
Key highlights of the CompactRIO Controller include:
- Intel Atom processor: Close the loop faster, tackle more tasks with the same controller and process data with greater precision, accuracy and speed with the fastest quad-core 1.91 GHz processor available in a CompactRIO controller.
- Kintex-7 FPGA: Perform inline processing on more channels and implement more complex filtering and control algorithms.
- NI Linux Real-Time: Access an extensive community of applications and IP with a secure and robust Linux-based real-time 64-bit OS.
- Embedded UI: Incorporate a local HMI and use the control system to customize and handle HMI tasks, drastically cutting component costs as well as development and integration time.
- Secure Digital (SD) storage: Customize how data is stored, managed and accessed.
The Controller for FlexRIO features:
- Kintex-7 FPGA: Implement high-speed control algorithms and advanced signal processing with support for over 30 high-performance I/O adapter modules.
- Compact size: Scale faster and transition from prototyping on PXI to deploying on the 1.75 x 5.5 x 9.2 inch controller with minimal software changes.
- Dual-Core ARM processor: Reap the benefits of stand-alone operation when paired with the NI Linux Real-Time OS.
The Single-Board RIO Controller boasts:
- Zynq system-on-a-chip (SoC) with NI Linux Real-Time: Experience increased performance with a dual-core, 667 MHz ARM processor, Artix-7 FPGA and a robust real-time OS.
- Optimized for your system: Take advantage of a more flexible, board-level form factor to embed intelligence into smart industrial systems.
- Code reuse: Minimize investments as you move from prototype to deployment and scale systems over time to meet evolving application requirements.