4nm chipset introduces new Dimensity 7000 series expanding MediaTek’s range of high-tech offerings
MediaTek announced the Dimensity 7200, its inaugural chipset in the new Dimensity 7000 series. The Dimensity 7200 boasts cutting-edge AI imaging features, powerful gaming optimizations, and impressive 5G speeds, all with deeply engrained power savings for extended battery life.
The Dimensity 7200 delivers the same TSMC 4nm second-generation process found in the Dimensity 9200, and is ideal for ultra-slim designs in a variety of form factors. The octa-core CPU integrates two Arm Cortex-A715 cores, featuring operating speeds of up to 2.8GHz, with six Cortex-A510 cores, so users can effortlessly multitask and take advantage of peak performance in every app. To further optimize power and performance, MediaTek’s built-in AI Processing Unit (APU) maximizes the efficiency of AI tasks and AI-fusion processing.
“The MediaTek Dimensity 7000 series will be vital for mobile gamers and photography enthusiasts who are looking for an affordable way to squeeze the most battery life out of their phones without skimping on performance,” said CH Chen, Deputy General Manager of MediaTek’s Wireless Communications Business Unit.
Additional features of the Dimensity 7200 include:
- Up to 6400Mbps memory frequency and UFS 3.1 for maximum storage.
- MediaTek MiraVision Display with HDR supports the latest standards including HDR10+, CUVA HDR and Dolby HDR.
- Up to Full HD+ and 144Hz for brilliant displays.
- AI SDR-to-HDR video playback for enhanced multimedia experiences.
- Bluetooth LE Audio technology and Dual-Link True Wireless Stereo Audio for wireless earbud support.
For more specifications, go to https://www.mediatek.com/