Based on the company’s low-power Katana system-on-chip (SoC) platform, the Katana Edge AI EVK combines vision, motion, and sound detection hardware and software with wired and wireless connectivity to simplify the design and development of edge AI for the Internet of Things (IoT), including smart home, building, industrial, and monitoring applications. The kit, saya the company, accelerates development of applications in smart-home security and assisted living, industrial vision solutions, smart-buildings, and smart-cities.
“The market for low-power edge AI solutions is characterized by a broad spectrum of applications that have specific use case requirements,” says Ananda Roy, Sr. Product Manager, Low-Power AI, at Synaptics. “What they have in common is that they all require intelligent and efficient detection and analysis of image, audio, voice, and motion data.”
In some instances, says the company, various sensor fusion algorithms are required to provide more accurate – and actionable – data.
“Edge AI and sensor fusion are complex, multifaceted fields of application development,” says Roy, “and we know from experience that our customers benefit most by having a more complete platform of hardware, software, wireless connectivity, and technical support to get their IoT concepts to market.”
Katana Edge AI EVK highlights include:
- Baseboard with the Katana SoC with advanced neural network engine for low-power edge AI processing
- Sensors for imaging, audio, voice, and motion
- Synaptics Wi-Fi + Bluetooth low energy (BLE) wireless connectivity module
- Accessories for people detection application development, including mounting bar and clips for overhead camera
- Instructions and software
The Edge AI EVK is available now.