Efficient lanyard release system for Push-Pull circular connectors
The lanyard release system is compatible with all straight and angled cable connectors of the Y-Circ P series from Yamaichi Electronics and can be used for all standard sizes.
Pulling on the lanyard unlocks the push-pull circular connector, helping the ease of use, especially in tight mounting spaces. “We have developed a new flexible system for easy unlocking, in order to offer our customers a convenient extension to existing products,” said Matthias Schuster, product manager for circular connectors at Yamaichi Electronics.
Yamaichi provides new versions of the Y-Circ P series in a pre-assembled condition and the release system can be used immediately after delivery.
The unlocking aid is also offered as a retrofit kit for field assembly. Customers who have already purchased circular connectors can easily assemble the unlocking aid themselves without suffering any functional disadvantages compared to the product with pre-assembled unlocking relief. Yamaichi’s YCP-ACT-2 support tool assists for an easy installation.
Customer-specific connectors as well as customer-specific release aids can also be developed quickly and flexibly at the production and development plant in Germany. An online configurator supports customers by providing a correct assembly process and generates an appropriate lanyard for a selected product.
- Yamaichi Electronics designs new production site in Frankfurt
- TE partners with Yamaichi for M12 push-pull connector
- Board-to-cable system interlocks with a ratchet hook
- Vertical PCB-mount sockets for circular connectors
- Push-pull connector is IP68 rated for up to 5,000 mating cycles
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- World’s first general purpose automotive operating system
- Space rover readies for competition
- Facebook moves into smart glasses with Ray-ban – video
- Low power Bluetooth PIR module for occupancy detection
- Siemens launches autonomous driving digital twin startup