With the rapid growth of the industrial and autonomous vehicles markets, there is an ever-increasing demand for software and compiler tools that enable faster and more efficient coding and debugging in real-time control applications.
To better serve developers utilizing dsPIC® Digital Signal Controllers (DSCs), which are often employed in real-time control systems, Microchip Technology has launched the MPLAB® XC-DSC compiler.
The MPLAB XC-DSC compiler is optimized to allow developers to write and debug efficient, high-performance code for dsPIC DSCs with greater ease and efficiency. dsPIC DSCs combine the high performance of a DSP with the simplicity of a standard microcontroller (MCU) to meet the requirements of time-critical embedded applications.
The MPLAB XC-DSC compiler PRO license unlocks access to optimizations that allow designers to minimize code size, generate faster code and reduce memory and power requirements and access the full potential of DSC designs. Unlike traditional licensing options, Microchip offers access to the software on a per-project or as-needed basis, reducing cost and increasing flexibility.
Compiler license options include:
- Workstation License — installed and executed on up to three host machines for use by a single engineer.
- Network Server License — installed on a server and can be accessed by any machine on the network, one at a time.
- Subscription License — similar to a workstation license with a monthly renewal.
- Site License — can be simultaneously accessed by a number of machines/users at the same time.
- MPLAB XC compilers provide support for Linux®, macOS® and Windows® operating systems, enabling designers to use their platform of choice for embedded development.
The MPLAB XC compiler ecosystem simplifies the design process and accelerate time to market by providing a comprehensive toolchain of compatible compilers and debugger/programmers that work seamlessly within the MPLAB X Integrated Development Environment (IDE). MPLAB X IDE is a versatile, multi-platform and free software program that reduces the learning curve and tool investments required for software development.