High speed connectors for 224G PAM4 links
Yamaichi Electronics has benchmarked signal integrity connectors up to 112G-NRZ and is planning versions that support 224Gbit/s PAM4 modulation for optical networking in data centre applications.
- The fundamentals of PAM4
- PAM4 chips for 800G active cables
- Copper fights back at 800Gbit/s in the data centre
- Solderless compression mount for 112G and 224G links
The market requirements of 112Gbps-PAM4 connectivity for optical transceiver pluggable modules are constantly increasing and Yamaichi plays an important role in the 112G and 224G standardisation with 112Gbit/s PAM4 connectros for the OSFP, QSFP, QSFP-DD, SFP, DSFP, NGSFP-DD and CFP form factors. Also available are a modular mezzanine connector and high-speed jumper cable interconnect product.
The SFP and DSFP formats support up to 112Gbps-PAM4 per differential pair while NGSFP-DD is the next generation small form factor pluggable with double density.
The QSFP and QSFP-DD host connectors support up to 112G-PAM4 per differential pair.
Related PAM4 articles
- DSP for 800G data centre networking
- 64G signal quality analyzer to characterize 400G/800G links
- High performance connector array for COM-HPC
- High-speed Mezzanine connector for 112G connectivity
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- ARM sues Qualcomm over Nuvia chip designs
- OQ Technology raises €13m for satellite 5G IoT
- Technology fund looks to possible Newport Wafer Fab rescue
- Power limits the trillion transistor era say Intel, Tesla
- European tech in Intel’s RISC-V Pathfinder dev kit
- TinyTapeout boost for open source silicon chip design