Designed to be flexible and rugged for embedding into industrial IoT and small-form-factor IoT devices, the system comprises hardware and software built on the Avnet UltraZed-EG system-on-module (SOM). It includes Mocana’s security software operating on the Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC, and leveraging the capabilities of Infineon’s OPTIGA TPM (Trusted Platform Module) 2.0 security chip.
The integrated system interoperates with the Microsoft Azure cloud. It is offered as the first such solution that makes it easier and more accessible for both large and small companies to bring IoT devices and services to market that are secure and compliant with industrial cybersecurity standards.
“Securing our connected world is of critical importance,” says Srinivas Kumar, vice president of engineering at Mocana. “A major challenge for developers of IoT edge products is their lack of familiarity with cybersecurity standards. Our partnership with industry leaders Avnet, Xilinx, Infineon and Microsoft intends to ease this burden by providing a robust hardware plus software cybersecurity design that can be replicated or modified by system designers to fit their application needs.”
The integrated solution will allow developers to leverage the following capabilities:
- High-performance SOM integrated with a TPM PMOD
- FIPS 140-2 compliant cryptographic engine
- Scalable X.509 PKI-based certificate management, authentication and device enrollment using OCSP, SCEP, EST (RFC 7030) or IKE
- Secure, encrypted transport using SSL, SSH, wireless (802.11) and IPSec
- Hardware Root of Trust Boot and Measured Boot signed by a TPM with remote attestation
- Secure client to enforce cryptographically signed firmware updates
- Support for IoT messaging and network protocols AMQP, DDS, MQTT, OPC UA and TSN
- Ability to bring the power of the cloud to the edge through the Microsoft Azure IoT Edge
- Ability to connect to the Microsoft Azure IoT Hub to securely process and analyze industrial IoT data
“In partnering with industry leaders Xilinx, Infineon, Microsoft and Mocana, Avnet is now able to deliver industrial-grade security to IIoT targeted applications,” says Jim Beneke, vice president, engineering and technology at Avnet. “The pre-integrated solution ties together the various hardware and software security elements in a proven platform, so designers can get to market quicker without risking the security of their IIoT system.”
To learn more about the system or to purchase, visit Compliant Hardware + Software Solution.