Unlike today’s mobile radio systems, 5G will bring services that go beyond human-centric applications. Design, simulation and test and measurement tools are crucial for the successful development and deployment of 5G mobile systems in order to economically meet end user expectations. Mobile operators and equipment manufacturers will face new challenges to support a complex ecosystem of connected devices and mobile broadband services. Keysight’s goal is to work closely with member companies and institutions to ensure they have the tools they need to deliver the next generation of 5G products and services.
The NGMN Alliance was founded in 2006 by leading international mobile network operators. The objective of the alliance is to ensure the functionality and performance of next generation mobile network infrastructure, service platforms and devices, meet the requirements of operators and ultimately will satisfy end user demand and expectations.
Roger Nichols, Keysight Technologies 5G program manager, added, “We believe that combining our expertise as the world’s largest electronic test and measurement company with NGMN’s unique influential role and perspective will further clarify the definition and standardization of 5G end-to-end testing requirements.”
Keysight and Anite (acquired by Keysight) offer leading-edge solutions and expertise for the design and measurement of today’s mobile networks and future 5G mobile systems. These include:
- The first 5G Exploration Software Library for 5G system modeling— the library is part of SystemVue Electronic System-Level (ESL) Design Software.
- 5G Waveform Generation and Analysis Testbed — reference system supporting sub-6 GHz, cmWave and mmWave wideband signal generation and analysis.
- 5G Channel Sounding — reference system to accelerate development of new mmWave channel models.
- Beamforming — RF, microwave and millimeter-wave components and antenna characterization.
- Anite Propsim® channel emulation enabling realistic propagation simulation.