LabVIEW 2015 delivers speed improvements, development shortcuts
LabVIEW 2015 continues to standardise the way LabVIEW users interact with almost any hardware through the reuse of the same code and engineering processes across systems, saving time and money as technology advances, requirements evolve, and time-to-market pressure increases.
LabVIEW has been used across a wide variety of industries to drive higher performance and product quality. LabVIEW 2015 further equips engineers with support for the following advanced hardware:
- Quad core performance CompactRIO and CompactDAQ controllers;
- 14-slot CompactDAQ USB 3.0 chassis;
- Single-board RIO controllers;
- Controller for FlexRIO;
- 8-core PXI controller;
- High voltage system SMU.
LabVIEW 2015 also reduces the learning curve for employing a software-designed approach to quickly create powerful, flexible, and reliable systems. With three application-specific suites that include a year of unlimited training and certification benefits, developers have unprecedented access to software and training resources to build better systems faster.
Key features in the latest version designed to help developers open, write, debug, and deploy code faster include:
- Open code faster—open large libraries up to 8X faster and eliminate prompts to locate missing module subVIs.
- Write code faster—execute common programming tasks faster with seven new time-saving right-click plug-ins and develop your own additional plugins to maximise your productivity.
- Debug code faster—examine arrays and strings in auto-scaling probe watch windows and document findings with hyperlink and hashtag support in comments.
- Deploy code faster—offload your FPGA compilations to the LabVIEW FPGA Compile Cloud service included with your Standard Service Program membership.
LabVIEW 2015 is extended by the LabVIEW Tools Network, which has been enriched by IP both from NI and third-party providers. The new Advanced Plotting Toolkit by Heliosphere Research furnishes developers with powerful programmatic plotting tools to create professional data visualisations. The RTI DDS Toolkit by Real-Time Innovations enables IoT applications with scalable peer-to-peer data communication. Additionally, application-specific libraries for biomedical, GPU analysis, and Multicore Analysis and Sparse Matrix applications are now available free of charge.