Specifically designed to meet the demands of the cellular industry for more power efficient base station designs, the Gen10 family shrinks the size and weight of the power amplifier, and lowers the operating temperature of infrastructure equipment. They employ an implementation of internal decoupling that aids the transistors in enabling wide band operation, where a single PA can cover a complete LTE band simultaneously.
Ampleon comments, “This is a breakthrough showing that major performance increases are still possible with LDMOS [bringing] improvements of around 2 dB of gain and 5 points of efficiency”
The Gen10 series of RF power transistors include:
• BLC10G18XS-320AVT, 1805-1880 MHz, > 47.5 dBm average, >51.5 % efficiency
• BLC10G20LS-240PWT, 1805-1880 MHz, 47.5 dBm average, >52 % efficiency (in a 3-way PA)
• BLC10G22LS-100AWT, 2110 – 2200 MHz, 42 dBm average, >49.3 % efficiency
• BLC10G22XS-400AVT, 2110 – 2200 MHz, >49.4 dBm, >48.6 % efficiency
• BLC10G27XS-320AVT, 2500 – 2700 MHz, >47.1 dBm, >47.5 % efficiency