M8 connector series for industrial networks
The Interconnect Group of CUI Devices has launched a range of M8 circular connectors for industrial Ethernet and Profibus networks.
The CDM8 family offers a range of male or female jack versions with contact position options of 3, 4, 5, 6, or 8 pins. The M8 connectors are A coded to support 1 Gbit Ethernet or B coded for Profibus, while carrying IP67 ratings to deal with harsh environments found in industrial and factory automation applications.
The M8 circular connectors feature PC pin, crimped PC pin, or wire lead terminations and are housed in panel mount packages. They have thread pitches of M8 x 0.5, M8 x 0.75, M8 x 1.0, M10 x 0.75, and M11 x 1.0 with an operating temperature range from -25 to 80°C, voltage ratings of 30 or 60 Vac, and current ratings of 1.5 or 3 A. Additional coding options are available as custom configurations.
The CDM8 series are available immediately with prices starting at $4.56 per unit at 100 pieces through distribution.
Related M8 connector articles
- D-coded M8 circular connectors for Ethernet sensors
- M8 shielded connector range targets Ethernet
- M8 D-Coded connector for miniature sensors
- M8 cable assemblies with Fieldbus protocols
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- £25m global power centre for electric construction equipment
- Siemens digital twins for ACC battery gigafactories
- Alphawave IP in $240m deal for Israeli optical DSP firm
- Low power edge AI sensor for smart buildings