MATLAB and Simulink now include FPGA support features
In addition, there are numerous updates in the areas of Signal Processing and Communications, Code Generation, and Verification and Validation
Signal Processing and Communications
- Computer Vision System Toolbox: Stereo camera calibration app, 3D point-cloud viewer and imageset class for large collections of images;
- DSP System Toolbox: ARM Cortex-A code generation with NE10 support with Embedded Coder, and multistage sample-rate converter;
- Communications System Toolbox: Connectivity to RTL-SDR radio receivers, connectivity and targeting for Zynq-based radios, I/Q imbalance compensator, and new Eye Diagram;
- Phased Array System Toolbox: Block library for phased array system design in Simulink;
- LTE System Toolbox: LTE Release 11 support including downlink control channel (E-PDCCH) and demodulation reference signal (DMRS) generation;
- SimRF: Frequency-domain mode for simulation acceleration.
- Embedded Coder: AUTOSAR target updates including 4/1 ARXML, client/server with Simulink functions, and multi-instance components and IFL/IFX libraries;
- HDL Coder: Xilinx Vivado integration and IP core with AXI interface generation for Altera SoC;
- HDL Verifier: Xilinx Vivado support for FPGA-in-the-loop simulation.
Verification and Validation
- Simulink Verification and Validation: Model coverage for relational boundary values;
- Simulink Design Verifier: Test generation for relational boundary values and Test Generation Advisor to guide component analysis;
- Polyspace Bug Finder and Polyspace Code Prover: Compliance checks for MISRA C:2012.
next; Matlab/Simulink core feature updates…
MATLAB product family
The new MATLAB capabilities offer a new graphics system, increased support for big data, features for packaging and sharing code, and source control integration. The new features include:
- New MATLAB graphics system;
- New functions for processing big data on your desktop that can scale for use with Hadoop;
- Git and Subversion source control integration and access to projects on GitHub from File Exchange;
- MATLAB toolbox packaging as single, installable files for easy sharing and downloading of custom toolboxes;
- Date and time data types with time zone and display options;
- Arduino and Android hardware support for interacting with motors and actuators, and for accessing sensor data;
- MATLAB Production Server: Client libraries for use with C/C++ and Python environments;
- Statistics Toolbox: Multiclass machine-learning framework for binary classifiers such as SVM, and for generalised linear mixed-effects (GLME) models;
- Datafeed Toolbox: Bloomberg B-PIPE and Thomson Reuters Eikon connectivity;
- Image Processing Toolbox: Image segmentation app, region analysis app, and C code generation for 19 functions with MATLAB Coder;
- MATLAB Report Generator: Fill-in-the-blanks Word and HTML forms for enhanced custom reports.
next; Simulink update
Simulink Product Family
The new features in Simulink that allow for the running of faster consecutive simulations and accelerating model building include:
- Smart editing cues for accelerated model building, and editor views for annotations and interfaces;
- Fast simulation restart for running consecutive simulations quickly;
- Simulink functions for creating and calling reusable functions from anywhere in Simulink and Stateflow;
- Live streaming and data cursors in Simulation Data Inspector;
- Simscape: Domain-specific line styles for representing physical connections;
- Stateflow: Faster debugging with conditional breakpoints, watch data, and fast animation mode;
- Simulink Report Generator: Fill-in-the-blanks Word and HTML forms for enhanced custom reports.