The deal makes Meyer Burger the largest shareholder in Oxford PV, which has so far raised $101m in backing and set up a pilot manufacturing line in Germany. Hans Brändle, CEO of Meyer Burger, will become a member of the Board of Directors of Oxford PV.
Meyer Burger has been restructuring its business, selling off its wafer business. At the same time as taking the Oxford PV stake, the company is issuing over 62m shares.
- OXFORD PV RAISES $41M FOR PEROVSKITE SOLAR CELLS
- OXFORD PV LEADS €2.8M GERMAN PEROVSKITE TANDEM SOLAR CELL CONSORTIUM
- MEYER BURGER SELLS OFF ITS SWISS WAFER BUSINESS
- MEYER BURGER IN FIRST LARGE-SCALE DEAL FOR SMARTWIRE PV EQUIPMENT
- MEYER BURGER CUTS 100 MORE JOBS IN CHINA FOCUS