“Most advanced” C/C++ compiler for embedded/IoT processors – GHS
These latest optimising C and C++ compilers, version 2017.5, are available for 32-bit and 64-bit embedded processor architectures, including Arm, Intel and Power Architecture. Highlights include C/C++ functional safety certification, up to 30% higher performance, and more compatibility with third-party tools.
The C/C++ Compilers 2017.5 are already in widespread use by global companies’ software-critical devices and systems in automotive, aerospace, storage, medical, military, industrial and personal communication markets.
Over its 35-year history, Green Hills Optimising Compilers have implemented both general-purpose compiler optimisations and CPU-specific optimisations to enable C and C++ developers to extract the most from purpose-built features of 37 processor architectures. Compiler 2017.5 supports the leading embedded architectures including Arm, Intel, Power Architecture, Renesas RH850, MIPS, ColdFire and TriCore™, delivering the highest performance to date:
– Maximum performance 16-50% higher as measured over industry and customer benchmarks, improving on results from GNU and LLVM compilers
– New support keeping pace with the latest architecture extensions for Armv8-A, Armv8-R and Armv8-M, including new security instructions
– Improved control and utilisation of CPU pipeline architectures, floating point optimisations and opcode utilisation
– Enhanced control for auto-vectorization of leading SIMD instruction extensions including Arm NEON and Intel Streaming SIMD Extensions (SSE)
Green hills asserts that processor manufacturers have chosen its compilers more than all other competing compilers when publishing their highest performance scores on their processors using EEMBC Processor Benchmarks.
Green Hills C/C++ Optimising Compilers 2017.5 are certified as qualified tools at the highest levels of functional safety for automotive (ISO 26262 ASIL D), industrial (IEC 61508 SIL 3) and railway (EN 50128 SWSIL 4). In addition, the integrated single-pass MISRA-C adherence checker gives development teams a flexible means to prevent new bugs and enforce cleaner, higher-quality code.
Green Hills compilers are also tightly integrated into the DoubleCheck static analysis tool that performs full program analysis in a single pass, finding bugs caused by complex interactions between pieces of code across many source files.
Release 2017.5 adds features and under-the-hood technology that can ultimately decrease time-to-market and time-to-volume:
– As the popularity of third party tools that automatically generate code grows, Green Hills compilers have greatly expanded its maximum number of user sections and internal number of variables
– Greater compatibility and flexibility when linking with third-party code through the Arm Application Binary Interface (ABI)
– Enhanced visibility for third-party libraries to detect vector optimizations in use
– Enhanced support for various C++ language constructs
C/C++ Optimising Compiler 2017.5 is available for Arm, Intel, Power Architecture, Renesas RH850, TriCore, MIPS and ColdFire architectures.
Green Hills; www.ghs.com