Mouser Electronics has started work on a 416,000-square-foot, three-story building that will expand its distribution centre in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas.
This will expand the distribution centre to almost 1.5 million square feet to accommodate Mouser’s inventory of 1 million unique SKUs for products and technologies from over 1,200 electronic component manufacturers.
The new building on the 78 acre site will feature a triple-mezzanine floorplan, advanced automation, and a skybridge connector to the existing distribution centre building.
In spring 2022, Mouser completed installation of 120 vertical lift modules (VLMs), the largest VLM installation in the world. VLMs are essentially giant vertical filing cabinets, complete with shelves and an automated extractor to bring the components to the employee’s workstation. This increases efficiency and floor space and can reduce an employee’s walking time by 45% or more.
In addition to the VLM installation, Mouser’s distribution centre features multiple Ultipack and I-Pack machines — a sophisticated automated system for sealing and labeling shipments that can process up to 14 orders per minute — as well as an OPEX Perfect Pick system for consolidation and an AutoStore system.
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- US restricts wide bandgap materials and EDA tools for 3nm chips
- Intel sells off massive patent portfolio
- CEO Interview: Lars Carlstrom of Italvolt on battery gigafactories
- Microchip to develop next generation 12 core RISC-V space processor for NASA
- 48 core neuromorphic AI chip uses resistive memory
- See Siemens digital twin for its first digital native factory – video