SparkFun Electronics, InPlay, and Bosch Sensortec partner to release two new NanoBeacon boards to accelerate development of wireless IoT solutions
In collaboration with InPlay and Bosch Sensortec, SparkFun® is releasing two new IoT development boards: the SparkFun NanoBeacon™ Board – IN100 and SparkFun NanoBeacon Lite Board – IN100. The two versions allow for prototyping with the “Lite” version and then employing the production version in large installations once design is complete. These boards are options for wireless sensor monitoring, asset tracking, retail beacons, or even making your own beacon tag for real-time location monitoring.
The boards feature the IN100 NanoBeacon from InPlay, which is Bluetooth® Low Energy compliant and transmits at a 2.4GHz frequency. Primary highlights include:
- Low power: power consumption to below a microamp – allowing it to be left in the field sending data packets for multiple years on a coin cell battery.
- Programming-free design: eliminates the need for embedded software programming; a PC configuration tool is provided to configure the IN100 device according to application needs.
- Qwiic® enabled: on-board Qwiic connector enables developers to utilize 400+ products in the Qwiic rapid prototyping ecosystem.
- Configured for Bosch Sensortec sensors: ready to connect the BME280 3-in-1 humidity sensor, measuring humidity, air pressure and ambient temperature, and the BMA400 ultra-low power accelerometer sensor breakouts.
- Exceptional range: up to several hundred meters.
- NanoBeacon BLE Scanner App: direct connection to newly released mobile app allows users to easily access and utilize the data provided by surrounding BLE peripherals and beacons.
More information at www.sparkfun.com, https://inplay-tech.com/ and https://www.bosch-sensortec.com/