Nexperia was formed in February 2017 by the purchase of the standard products business unit of NXP Semiconductors NV (Eindhoven, The Netherlands) by a consortium led by China’s Beijing Jianguang Asset Management Co. Ltd. and Wise Road Capital Ltd. Wingtech is buying out the majority stake of the consortium, paying18.45 billion yuan to buy stakes from Nexperia owners, according to a Reuters report.
On completion of the deal Wingtech, whose customers include Huawei Technologies and Xiaomi, will indirectly own 75.86 percent of Nexperia although the acquisition is subject to regulatory approval including from the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS).
Nexperia employs more than 11,000 people and has wafer fabs in Hamburg, Germany and Manchester, UK and assembly centers in Guangdong, China, Seremban, Malaysia and Cabuyao, Philippines. The company is investing in increasing its capacity and footprint, having recently made a significant expansion to its Guangdong Assembly and Test Facility in China.
- NEXPERIA RAISES $800M FOR GROWTH IN DISCRETES
- AEC-Q101 175°C MOSFETS IN MINIATURE LEADLESS PACKAG
- ES REPLACE LARGER SO8 AND SOT223 DEVICES
- MOSFETS LOWER RDS(ON) FOR HOT SWAP DESIGNS
- NEXPERIA SHRINKS POWER MOSFET PACKAGE FOR CARS
- ESD PROTECTION DIODES FOR USB TYPE-C TARGET USB3.2 SUPERSPEED