Phoenix Contact looks to M12 Single Pair Ethernet connector
Phoenix Contact is extending its portfolio of Onepair series data connectors for Single Pair Ethernet with insulation displacement (IDC) and M8 versions. An M12 version is planned for later this year.
The IP20 printed circuit board (PCB) connectors and patch cables comply with the IEC 63171-2 standard and are aimed at factory and building automation systems. The portfolio includes pre-assembled patch cables in various lengths as well as compact device connections for the reflow soldering process available in different designs.
Related Phoenix Contact articles
- Phoenix, Yaskawa team on open PLC
- Board-to-board connector for compact PCB links
- Modular housing for building automation
- Phoenix Contact, Quectel and Ericsson partners on 5G router
The connector with IDC insulation displacement connection technology is a new addition to the range with a robust, two-piece housings that can be assembled easily without special tools.
The IP-protected portfolio in the M8 design in accordance with IEC 63171-5 also includes pre-assembled patch cables with different cable types and lengths for different applications and device connections in the standard M8 design.
The newly added SPE M8 bulkhead connector enables the transition of IP-protected field cabling to the protected control cabinet cabling.
The portfolio will be extended with an M12 version this year, it says.
Related M12 connector articles
- Field-wireable M12 connectors have cage clamp termination
- Right angle M12 connectors reduce assembly time
- M12-based managed Ethernet switches target rail
- Right-angle M12 connectors for PCBs and panels
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- Supply chain pressures hit growth says IPC
- Danfoss completes takeover of power expert Semikron
- UK blocks purchase of Pulsic on security grounds
- Microchip to develop next generation 12 core RISC-V space processor for NASA
- US restricts wide bandgap materials and EDA tools for 3nm chips
- First RISC-V processor starts operation in orbit