Based on a 2.5V bandgap voltage reference, each output can be separately configured for any voltage between 2.5V and 6V. Both outputs offer 0.05% initial accuracy, 10ppm/°C temperature drift and 1.5ppm of low frequency noise.
The device’s outputs can drive up to 50 mA and 150 mA, respectively, and sink up to 20 mA. Typical load regulation is 0.1ppm/mA with up to 150 mA of load current. In parallel, the buffer outputs can be combined for even higher current capability. LT6658 is suitable for driving the reference input for a high resolution ADC or DAC using one output, while simultaneously supplying power to other devices using the second output.
Both outputs track each other over temperature and load, allowing them to address applications requiring ratiometric supply rails. The outputs have excellent supply rejection and are stable with up to 50 μF over the entire specified operating range. With this output capability, the LT6658 can serve as both reference and regulator combined. Alternatively, the LT6658 can be used to generate a reference plus a virtual ground, or as two matched, tracking references.
The LT6658 is currently available in a 2.5V version. Options for 1.2V, 1.8V, 3V, 3.3V, and 5V will be available in the first half of 2017. Prices start at $2.35 (1,000).
Linear Technology: www.linear.com/product/LT6658
next page; specification listing
Summary of features for the LT6658:
- Excellent accuracy & drift:
- A-grade (0.05% initial accuracy, 10 ppm/°C drift)
- B-grade (0.1% initial accuracy, 20 ppm/°C drift)
- Dual output tracking reference
- Each output configurable: 2.5V to 6V
- Output 1:150 mA source/20 mA sink
- Output 2:50 mA source/20 mA sink
- Low noise: 1.5 ppmP-P (0.1 Hz to 10 Hz)
- Wide operating voltage range to 36V
- Load regulation: 0.1 ppm/mA
- AC PSRR: 96 dB at 10 kHz
- Kelvin sense connection on outputs
- Thermal shutdown
- Separate supply pins for each output
- 2.5V Voltage option available now
- Soon to be released : 1.2V, 1.8V, 3V, 3.3V & 5V
- Available in exposed pad package MSE16