PSR flyback LED driver claims best-in-class SSL performance
The FL7733A low-power LED lighting driver is built for a variety of 5 W to more than 60 W, indoor and outdoor LED applications so that designers can easily overcome the challenge of meeting global standards and regulations for LED lighting with a single, scalable solution.
“Fairchild’s new FL7733A solves the major challenge customers have for LED applications that need to meet space and cost restrictions over a wide output voltage range,” said Preet Sibia, Fairchild’s Director Product Marketing. “The FL7733A driver has tight constant current regulation and excellent PF/THD performance so designs can easily meet the many different requirements of the different regional markets our customers ship to.”
The FL7733As, a key component of Fairchild’s overall LED solutions that reduce component BOM, enable smaller lamp sizes, eliminate design complexities, is ideal for SSL downlights, PAR, A19 bulb applications. With the new driver, designers can:
- Easily meet global standards with <10% total harmonic distortion (THD) and protection functions
- Simplify supply chain with one solution supporting >60 W designs with thermal management and short circuit protection mode.
- Ensure maximum compatibility with High Voltage LED modules with an ultra wide output voltage range of 10% ~ 100%.
- Deliver flicker-free constant brightness over wide operating range with < ±3% constant current tolerance and < 0.2 second start up performance.
- Enable compatibility with a variety of LED modules with output driving power of over 60 W, twice that of competing solutions.
The best-in-class THD of less than 10% at universal line voltage conditions is less that the 30% THD that makes up most regional regulations and gives designers plenty of headroom to scale product offerings for various regions of the world.
In addition, the FL7733A uses dual over voltage protection (OVP) to meet UL SELV under 60 V output regulations.
Related articles and links: