QuantalRF raises $15m for CMOS front-end 5G chips
Swiss chip designer QuantalRF has raised $15 million as it ships CMOS 5G filters to a long-term strategic partner.
The Series C funding led by Dara Capital Ltd. and Metellus AG, with participation from existing shareholders and high-profile private investors. This brings the total raised to $48m.
The funding will accelerate hiring in Zurich, the US and Sweden and scale its proprietary technology platform which enables rapid customization of filters and other RF front-end products. The company uses silicon on insulator (SOI) CMOS for front-end IC parts such as Power Amplifiers (PA), Low Noise Amplifiers (LNA), on-chip Filters focused on a wide range of communication systems including 5G, WiFi and UWB (Ultra Wide Band).
“I am very proud of our accomplishments throughout the last 12 months proving our Quantal technology platform capabilities to deliver highly cost-effective and custom RF solutions. Third-party silicon testing also validated our characterization in transformative filtering performance and compact size of our CMOS-SOI based RF Front-end filters for the 5G C-band” said Dr Ali Fard, CEO of QuantalRF. “2022 will see us continue to expand our world-class RFIC team and highly integrated RF Front-end products for 5G, Wi-Fi 7 and Ultra Wide Band.”
- Soitec to produce POI substrates for Qualcomm 5G RF filters
- SiTune samples low power 5G RF transceiver
- Samsung moves to 8nm for 5G RF
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- Learning to live with supply chain stress
- Applied upgrade supports backside power and GAA transistors
- Russia in $38bn electronics plan
- Ten tips to counter supply chain challenges in 2022
- First oscilloscope for CAN XL analysis