The P9261-3C-CRBv2 solution includes the automotive-qualified wireless power controller P9261 with MP-A13 3-coils reference design as the wireless power transmitter (TX). It offers a large active charging area with high efficiency and exceptional EMC/EMI performance. The reference design offers compliance to the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) Qi 1.3 standard EPP (Extended Power Profile) for 15W charging. It also supports proprietary charging profiles and is capable of 50W power delivery.
The design includes a Renesas RH850 automotive MCU as a host controller. This enables the system to provide functional safety features that comply with Automotive Safety Integrity Level B (ASIL B).
The P9261-3C-CRBv2 EVK can be controlled and monitored real-time by a graphical user interface (GUI). This GUI provides numerical readouts of key parameters, such as the selected coil, transmitter status, input voltage, buck output current, Tx power, and bridge voltage. The GUI enables easy programming changes and can update firmware. The GUI also supports tuning customer-specific variables related to hardware design, such as settings for foreign o bject detection (FOD).
The P9261-3C-CRBv2 Reference Design Features
- Complies with WPC Qi 1.3 standard for 15W charging
- Supports proprietary charging profiles, capable of 50W fast charging
- Functional safety with ASIL B compliance
- Large active charging area
- Best in class EMI performance, compliant to CISPR-25 standard
- Easy-to-use GUI-based design software includes settings for Renesas’ patented Foreign Object Detection (QFOD)
- Proprietary and Qi-compliant bi-directional Amplitude Shift Keying (ASK) and Frequency Shift Keying (FSK) communication
Renesas’ new In-Cabin Wireless Power Solution Winning Combination includes the P9261, along with PMIC, power, and microcontroller offerings from Renesas. The automotive wireless charging reference design, which includes the P9261-3C-CRBv2 EVK (Evaluation Kit), is available today.