Rohde & Schwarz to showcase LTE-Advanced to IoT and 5G at MWC 2016
LTE-Advanced is enabling applications with ever increasing bandwidth, and the next generation of wireless communications (5G) is on the horizon. Aptly captured by the motto "testing is everything," Rohde & Schwarz offers a comprehensive test and measurement portfolio to meet the challenges of the increasingly networked world facing user equipment, chipset and infrastructure manufacturers, network operators and test houses. The highlights to be presented in Barcelona include:
The market leading CMW500 wideband radio communication tester is driving development of enhanced mobile bandwidth applications based on LTE-Advanced. Comprehensive RF, protocol and end to end tests are available for the tester. The latest features include 64QAM uplink, LTE-Unlicensed and 4CC downlink carrier aggregation (CA) with 256 QAM and 1 Gbit/s data throughput.
Manufacturers have to ensure quality of experience (QoE) for voice, audio, video and location based services when designing chipsets and mobile devices. Rohde & Schwarz supports them with test systems for video streaming, voice over Wi-Fi and co existence of cellular and non cellular technologies.
The CMW290 functional radio communication tester is a tailor made system for cellular Internet of Things (IoT) tests and meets the special requirements of IoT integrators. It covers cellular technologies such as LTE as well as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®. For the steadily growing number of Bluetooth® applications, the CMW platform offers outstanding measurement functions for RF integration of Bluetooth® chipsets and modules as well as RF precertification tests.
Rohde & Schwarz will demonstrate the CMW100 multi-device communications manufacturing test set, the new standard in mobile device manufacturing.
Conformance and precompliance test systems from Rohde & Schwarz are well established in test houses and in house test labs. In Barcelona, the company will focus on LTE U with its TS8980 RF conformance test system.
On the way to 5G, it is becoming clear that this next generation will unlock new frequency bands in the microwave and millimeter wave ranges for commercial wireless communications. Rohde & Schwarz will demonstrate its leading role in 5G development with three different test setups: 5G and WLAN signals with bandwidths up to 2 GHz, generation and analysis of 5G air interface candidates and 5G channel sounding.
Rohde & Schwarz and SwissQual will showcase the most comprehensive range of mobile network testing solutions for the latest developments in cellular technology, including voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi), VoLTE and eMBMS. They will present a unique and complete portfolio to help network operators, infrastructure providers and regulatory authorities plan, install, optimize and maintain their networks — with a special focus on network and service quality from a subscriber perspective. The integrated portfolio offers the advantage of coordinated solutions that cover network planning, optimization, benchmarking and operation.
The mobile network testing demonstartions will address the following applications:
- Quality of Service (QoS) and Quality of Experience (QoE) Benchmarking: Benchmarking of RAN performance to identify strategic investments for competitive differentiation and for regulatory compliance in all environments from macro level to indoor.
- Radio Access Network-Optimization: Ease of use and increasing efficiency in the acquisition of data for fast, actionable results to get the most out of the network.
- Field Service: Portable and powerful test tools for the installation and maintenance of base stations including small cells and DAS systems.
- Service Monitoring: Cost-effectively monitor service quality status and SLAs from a real end-user perspective, all in real-time, to ensure immediate action after fault identification.
- Data analysis and reporting: Post processing software to turn drive test data into smart network insights.
- IP application awareness: Classification of network traffic applications and protocols for analytics and to embed intelligence into network infrastructure for efficient and secure communications.
Protection of network communications, personal and corporate data is becoming increasingly important in this age of global connectivity. At Mobile World Congress 2016, Rohde & Schwarz will introduce products for threat management and critical infrastructure protection. On display will be the Network Protector next generation firewall that provides high-performance protection against cyberattacks and data theft. The company will also demonstrate the BizzTrust secure smartphone, which separates business and private data and services on Android devices and protects against attacks on corporate infrastructures.