Ruggedised micro data centre for edge processing
Power giant Schneider Electric has launched a ruggedized micro data centre to put more processing power at the edge of the network.
The EcoStruxure R-Series 42U is fully integrated with power and cooling in a sealed IP54 enclosure on large, industrial casters for easy movement in harsh edge environments.
The 8KVA air-cooled system weighs 905kg with a 42U rack for servers and uses a Smart-UPS from subsidiary APS that provides monitoring with visibility to optimise performance, delivers data-driven recommendations, and enables visibility from anywhere, anytime, crucial at a time when there is a lack of staff to properly monitor equipment on-site.
- Schneider expands US low voltage manufacturing
- Iceotope teams for data centre cooling proof of concept
- Schneider Ventures backs satellite grid monitoring startup
“Industrial settings are not optimised for edge computing but there is an urgent need for IT systems to support edge computing trends,” said Jean-Baptiste Plagne, Vice President Offer Management, Rack & Edge Systems, Energy Management, Schneider Electric. “This solution, with its 905-kilogram (2,000lb) weight load, is ideal for heavy IT equipment with the enclosure, security, cooling, and power necessary to operate in an industrial environment. It delivers the innovation that is needed in industrial settings.”
Other articles on eeNews Power
- Single-phase immersion cooling for data centre servers
- Verkor buys Siemens site for battery R&D Lab
- EU signs battery material deal with Kazakhstan
- Navitas GaN FETs for tiny USB-C charger with OLED screen
- Semtech, Exeger show solar powered IoT sensor location