Sensor measures air quality, pollution, temperature and humidity
The new APC1 sensor in a compact, matchbox-shaped size, launched by ScioSense, is the smallest all-in-one combo sensor that accurately tracks up to 20 air quality parameters, It also detects particulate matter (PM1.0, PM2.5 and PM10), using proven laser scattering technology to reliably detect particles down to 0.3 μm.
The sensor precisely measures particulate matter and aerosols, volatile organic compounds, temperature and humidity. It leverages the most advanced sensor technology to provide an accurate, fully calibrated, maintenance-free solution to air quality monitoring.
This state-of-the-art sensor simplifies the design of environmental sensing applications without compromising on quality. Its key features are:
- Size — matchbox-shaped size measing 50- x 38-x 21-mm (smallest form factor).
- Simple — eatures temperature compensation algorithms to simplify integration at the system level.
- Serial interface — up to 20 environmental signal parameters through UART and I2C interfaces.
- Standards — complies with rigorous international standards (PMx, eCO2, TVOC, AQI according to UBA).
- Superior — high accuracy over wide temperature and humidity ranges.
This new sensor module helps automate professional demand-controlled ventilation as well as high-volume consumer devices like air cleaners/purifiers, IoT smart meters and thermostats.
The APC1 sensor combo is intended for use in common indoor environments. It operates in normal indoor air within its specified, non-condensing environmental conditions, with no aggressive or poisonous gases present.
ScioSense’s in-house and research-partnership capabilities mean they can customise or create products to meet specific requirements at relatively little extra cost or time, thereby accelerating time to market, minimal overall BOM costs and help set their customer apart from the competition.
Product samples are available on request from ScioSense and authorized distributors.