Siemens has integrated the cifX PC card technology from Hilscher into its SIMATIC industrial PCs to support every fieldbus and real-time Ethernet protocol.
The deal uses the M.2 format card from Hilscher Gesellschaft für Systemautomation with downloadable firmware for 19 different protocols running on the netX network controller.
- Siemens connector for the industrial edge
- Researchers compromise secure Siemens PLC in cyberattack
- Siemens adds edge AI to industrial modules for machine tools
Users benefit from unified device drivers, one configuration tool, as well as a consistent API across all protocols. With this scalable platform, they can easily and efficiently integrate all relevant automation protocols:
- CC-Link IE Field Basic
Switching to the required protocol can be carried out via Hilscher’s loadable firmware, which is included in the scope of delivery. Hilscher also offers protocol stacks for Controller as well as Device applications.
The variety of protocols ensures that the SIMATIC controllers can adapt to the communication requirements of different market segments and different regions around the world, e. g. Ethernet-IP in USA or Korea or Modbus in India. In addition, users can rely on the fact that specific network requirements of different devices, machines and systems of the global automation market are reliably met.
- Siemens and Scanlab team up on machine control concepts
- Siemens, Nissan team to digitise electric powertrain
The M.2 bundles that are tested and ready to use in the SIMATIC IPC227G and IPC BX-39A are available directly from Hilscher.
Other articles on eeNews Europe
- Intel signs 7 out of top 10 fabless companies, sees 18A test chip
- Synaptics boosts edge AI with Israel buy
- Philips layoffs as supply chain, recall bites
- Renesas warns on falling semiconductor markets