Nexperia has launched a range of 20 V and 30 V MOSFETs in the world’s smallest DFN package, the DFN0603.
Nexperia already offers ESD protection devices in this package, but has now succeeded in bringing it to MOSFETs for the first time. The ultra-low-profile DFN0603 package measures 0.63 x 0.33 x 0.25 mm and uses 13% less space than MOSFETs in the next smallest package, DFN0604.
This is key for next generation wearable and hearable devices that are adding new levels of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML). This means available board space is at a premium as functionality is added, and heat dissipation becomes a problem as power consumption increases.
The size reduction has been achieved without compromising device performance, and the RDS(on) of the devices has been reduced by 74%, helping to improve efficiency and enabling wearable equipment designers to achieve even greater power density.
The new range of MOSFETs includes:
- PMX100UN 20 V, N-channel Trench MOSFET
- PMX100UNE 20 V, N-channel Trench MOSFET with 2kV ESD protection (HBM)
- PMX300UNE 30 V, N-channel Trench MOSFET
- PMX400UP 20 V, P-channel Trench MOSFET
Nexperia has plans to add two more MOSFETs to this range later in 2022. Samples are available now.
Other articles on eeNews Power
- II-VI renames as Coherent deal completes
- Industrial 12W DC-DC converter in SIP-8 metal package
- Consolidation for renewable energy analytics firms
- Epishine aims to be world’s largest solar cell maker with new roll-to-roll production line
- Circulor raises $25m for blockchain material supply chain monitoring