Power semiconductor developer Alpha and Omega Semiconductor has introduced an extension to its compact Smart Motor Module (SMM) family designed to meet reduced PCB layout requirements. Available in an ultra-compact, thermally enhanced 3mm x 3mm QFN-18L package, the highly integrated AOZ9530QV SMM is a half-bridge power stage with features and protections designed to simplify motor drive designs.
The AOZ9530QV SMM is suitable for use in a large number of BLDC fan applications ranging from PC and server fans, seat cooling and home appliances.
“We designed the AOZ9530QV in a compact 3mm x 3mm QFN package to satisfy higher density, space-constrained design trends in BLDC motor drives,” says Armin Hsu, Power IC Senior Marketing Manager at AOS. “In several cooling fan applications, the PCB for drive circuitry is enclosed within the fan assembly. The AOZ9530QV enables shrinking of the PCB enabling a system designer to increase the size of the fan blades, thus pushing more air within a given form factor.”
Technical highlights of the AOZ9530QV include:
- Smallest 3×3 QFN-18L SMM package helps reduce layout space/PCB size
- Integrated bootstrap diode
- Adjustable gate drive current control for EMI and enhanced efficiency
- Self-powered Vcc
- Included multiple protections (OTP, SCP, Vcc UVLO, Bootstrap UVLO)
- Wide input operation voltage up to 28V, supports output current up to 7A
- Supports 100% PWM duty operation
- Low 11mOhm RDS(ON) internal NFETs in half bridge configuration
The AOZ9530QV is immediately available in production quantities with a lead-time of 24 weeks. The unit price in 1,000-piece quantities is $1.00.