TwisterSIM is a free software suite that includes a Smart Interactive Selector and a Dynamic Electro-Thermal Simulator for Automotive Low/High-side driver/switches and H-bridges for motor control built using ST’s VIPower technology. The tool allows complex evaluations with accurate dynamic simulations of load-compatibility, wiring-harness optimisation, fault condition impact analysis, diagnostic behaviour analysis and dynamic thermal performance in just a few clicks.
TwisterSIM considerably reduces the cost and time needed to select and validate a product for a specific application layout by performing a thermal-electrical dynamic simulation.
· Built-in library of accurate VIPower-product models based on a proprietary methodology and validation that allows a realistic reproduction of “in application” behaviour;
· Step-by-step guided selection of the optimal device for a specific application;
· Built-in load library for automotive lamps and generic loads;
· Simulation results, including junction thermal profiles, load current, and diagnostic behaviour, are shown on dedicated scope views and can be exported in multiple commonly-used formats;
· User selectable wide range of environmental conditions and real device parameters;
· Direct links to the product web page to view related datasheet and product collaterals;
· On-line forum is available at www.st.com/twistersim-forum to help users.
A demonstration version tool, which contains details of the procedure to request a release code for full functionality, is free of charge and can be downloaded from;
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.